Thursday, March 26, 2015

Warning warning warning

When I was in high school, for some godforsaken reason, I was told I had to take the ASVAB (Armed Services Vocational Aptitude Battery.) As a registered conscientious objector (much to the dismay of my WWII veteran dad) I saw no need to take this assessment. I argued and argued but was given the test. So I took it. I played connected the dots and made patterned drawings on the bubble sheet.

When the results came back my scores were unbelievable, abominable, abysmal!
My guidance counselor accused me of cheating in my regular course work since this standardized test showed that I had less than normal intelligence. 

The next year she just about choked when I graduated as salutatorian. I later sent her a copy of my college diploma (magna cum laude) and my MA diploma (ditto.)
See what happens when smart alecks take dumb aleck tests.

No comments:

Post a Comment